Friday, February 27, 2015

What are you having?

What are you having?

You mean, what am I having for dinner? Or what beer do I want when I belly up to the bar?

Oh no no, the poor teenage girl who asked "do you know what you're having?" thought I was pregnant and wanted to know if I was having a boy or girl. This has never ever happened to me before. Sure I have a little pudge gut, but I'm a size 6. I'm not obese and I certainly don't think I look pregnant. The emotional toll this interaction had on me was more than I was prepared for.

I realized a few things about myself that day. First, I have an amazing sister. Second, I have an amazing boyfriend. They are truly supportive of me no matter what I look like or what I do. I love them both dearly. Third, I do need to get in shape. This I have known for over a year now. I am slowing down, my pant size keeps growing and the body aches and pains make me feel OLD.

So, to answer that first question. What am I having? I'm having a pep talk with myself. I'm having a change of heart. I'm having a realization that I am in control of my physical activity and nutrition. I'm having a spark of determination to feel better both physically and emotionally. And I'm going to have a good time doing it.

I think I'll go work out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment